Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Basement Craft Area

Welcome to my basement craft area. When we first moved into the farmhouse this area was originally the laundry room. After enclosing a seldom used side porch for a new laundry area and powder room I had space for a craft area. The yellow cabinets were from the home of my husband's employer. They were having extensive remodeling done and wanted rid of these 1950's cabinets. The cabinets were made by General Electric. I never knew GE made cabinets...I thought they only made appliances. One thing I didn't like about the basement was the fact that you could see the electrical panel, water pump, etc. I wanted a way to disguise these areas so I took some curtains that my friend Beth no longer needed and hung them up. It still gives you easy access to these items...I'm just happy you can't see them any longer. The dresser belonged to my dh's grandfather. I have some of my craft supplies organized in canning jars. I like the fact that you can look in them and see what's inside. I also have craft books handy, too. I am lucky enough to have two sets of metal cabinets. The second set has some projects that I'm working on. I have a shelf that I need to finish painting, a small wooden cabinet that needs to be sanded and painted for the powder room, and a set of metal plate racks that I want to spray paint black for my kitchen walls. As Kelli would say, UFO's!

These cabinets are great for storage...and I'm all about storage and organization. I can't tell you the thrill I get cleaning things out and reorganizing them.
Thanks for stopping by!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...